Country Manager for Human Practice Foundation UK
Human Practice Foundation is hiring a UK Country Manager to support our mission of providing free quality education and decent jobs.
Human Practice Foundation is an International NGO, founded in Denmark in 2014 by former corporate lawyer, Pernille Kruse Madsen.
After witnessing the devastating fates of girls being trafficked from Nepal to India to work in brothels, Pernille decided to commit her life to providing access to free quality education and decent jobs opportunities.
Since inception, the organisation has grown. Today, Human Practice Foundation has registered charities in Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK as well as independent NGOs in Nepal and Kenya, which employ 69 people. The organisation is led by the Founder and CEO Pernille Kruse Madsen.
Human Practice Foundation operates with transparency and clarity, ensuring that donations go directly to those in need through the support of a group of 28 Founding Partners who cover administrative costs. Consequently, donors can see 100% of their donation go directly to their selected project. This is at the core of Human Practice Foundation’s 100%-financial-model.
The organisation follows a holistic community approach, using schools as a platform for change. They improve school infrastructure, implement quality education programs, and stimulate local economies through agricultural impact programs. By considering all aspects hindering communities from thriving, they aim to create lasting transformations.
To date, Human Practice Foundation has more than 101 school projects supporting more than 40,000 children, their teachers, headmasters, families, and surrounding rural communities.
The foundation’s fundraising activities are primarily focused on their Kenya Country Program, Nepal Country Program, and Inner Strength Program in Denmark. They aim to expand with new school building projects, with a target of reaching 1000 schools by 2030.
For further information, read our Impact Report 2022.
About Human Practice Foundation UK
Human Practice Foundation has been operating in the UK since 2019. The Board of Trustees of the UK Chapter is composed of six people:
- Kris Thykier (Chair), Archery Pictures
- Pia Kirkeskov Andersen, August Sandgren
- Caroline von Barnekow, Lawyer
- Michael Bruun, Goldman Sachs
- Christopher Moser, Apple
- Anna Skoglund, Goldman Sachs
- Amanda Tonsgaard, Investor Relations Private Equity
Thee UK Chapter has just held their 2nd annual Summer Reception at the Royal Danish Embassy, an event that has helped create a broader outreach for Human Practice Foundation. In 2022, the UK Chapter raised GBP 420,000 and the target for 2023 is GBP 610,000. The goal in the next few years will be to build a strong pipeline of donations from major funds and corporations while continuing to broaden the base of individual donors and Founding Partners.
Building on the success in Denmark and beyond, the UK Chapter is now looking to recruit their first dedicated resource to expand and accelerate the fundraising activities in the UK.
As our new country manager, you will develop and implement effective fundraising strategies for projects in Kenya, Nepal, and Denmark.
- Lead, motivate and further develop the UK Chapter
- Coordinate and plan board meetings for the Board of Trustee
- Develop, plan and execute fundraising strategies, campaigns and events.
- Cultivate relationships with potential donors.
- Write compelling grant proposals and funding applications.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing donors.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and the Swedish Country Manager
- Monitor and evaluate fundraising activities.
- Gravitas and credibility when engaging with donors and sponsors. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Proven fundraising experience in NGOs or non-profits is a plus.
- Strong commercial mindset/understanding of fundraising principles.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- A hands-on and doers mindset, motivated by getting things done
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Gravitas and credibility when engaging with donors and corporate sponsors.
- Close connection with Headquarters in Copenhagen.
- Full-time position; part-time negotiable.
- Reporting to the CMO and collaborating with the team.
- Fluency in English required; no Danish or Nordic connections needed.
Compensation: To be negotiated based on qualification – the successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package commensurate to the level of responsibilities and sector of this role.
Interested candidates should submit their application, including a CV and a motivational letter to Amanda Tonsgaard at email@example.com no later than August 1.